Saturday, January 3, 2009

CUPCAKE FRIDAY SKETCH #49

                                                       




I have a list of birthday cards that I need to make and tonight was the night to start (LOL)
This card is going to be sent to my cute little niece called Miya, she turned three on Tuesday and I didn't manage to get her card finished to go with the present.
Also I thought that i would kill two birds with one stone and attempt the Cupcake Friday sketch which i must say was alot of fun.... You basically have to design a card around the given sketch!!!! ( see above photo)
I must admit I wasn't the first person to come up with the idea to circle punch out the animals......I had been admiring this idea on different blogs and when i saw this sketch I knew it would work a treat!!!
Wild About You is still my no#1 favourite stamp set :) I don't think I will ever get sick of stamping it. You might have to click on the photos to get a better look at the card, I put some ribbon behind the Giraffe to make it look like a mane that was the most time consuming part :)
Amy

11 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

ADORABLE! Fun color combo too!

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo cute!!!

kareN stampZ said...

Love the colour combo & your animals work so well with the challenge - your niece I'm sure will be really delighted with her clever auntie!

Carol Weimer said...

This card is so cute. I love your use of colors and shapes...it's so adorable.

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is a great card, love the colors and the set you used! Well done girlfriend!

Taylor said...

This is totally cute! I love the color combo! Thanks for playing the challenge this weekend!

Tracy said...

Great card, love the colour combo

Felicia said...

Cute your niece will love it! I love the color combo you chose.

Kathryn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your card -- what a great color combination and those images are ADORABLE!!!
Super job!! :)

fmfab said...

oh aims i really like this one. very cute rebecca will love what you did for miya!!

Ramona Michaluk said...

Oh, how cute! Love all these animals and the colours. Great job!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin